O-Bar-O Cabins is the ideal getaway location when you want to experience the best of the Four Corners region of the Rocky Mountain West. Imagine yourself in a rustic cabin under the clear Colorado sky with deer, elk and the occasional bear roaming through nearby alpine meadows. Tall pine trees stretch to the horizon alongside cool mountain streams. The O-Bar-O, sitting on nearly seven acres along the banks of the Florida River, has all of this and more. Located just outside historic downtown Durango, we’re a stone’s throw from the San Juan National Forest and Vallecito Lake.
Our rustic cabins are decorated in “Urban Western Style” complete with pillow top mattresses that you may not want to leave when the morning sun rises. Leather furniture beckons you to rest after a day of outdoor adventures. High speed wireless Internet, LCD TVs with DirecTV and DVD players, and iPod docking stations put the “urban” in our “western!” Our cabins and grounds are smoke-free for the comfort and enjoyment of our guests.
Here at the O-Bar-O you will enjoy:
- Rustic Cabins – Log cabins set in the forest, resting along the banks of the Florida River.
- River Frontage – Our cabins have views, decks or patios set off the running river.
- River Fishing – Hailed locally for its fly fishing, the Florida River runs through the resort making it the ideal spot.
- Picnic Tables & Barbecue Grills – Gourmet gas grills on each deck for the grill master hiding inside all of you. It’s hard to beat cooking outdoors on the grill among the pine trees.
- Stone Fireplaces – In all cabins!
- Kitchens – Well equipped kitchenettes are decked out to give you the comforts of home.
- Linens & Towels – Luxurious, 100% cotton sheets and earth friendly, body soothing towels. Daily “spruce up” service provided at your request.
- O-Bar-O Shopping – Love those comfy robes in your cabin? Come to the office and peruse our selection of robes, t-shirts, fleece vests, hats and our O-Bar-O campfire coffee mugs.
- Recreation – We have a horseshoe pit, volleyball and basketball courts. If you love mysteries, our library is bursting with the latest and greatest thrillers.
- Nature – You may enjoy nightly visits from raccoons, hummingbirds darting past your window, woodpeckers high up in the Ponderosa Pine, red hawks soaring overhead, deer grazing in the fields or drinking from the river; even the occasional bear wandering through on his way down to the river.
- Relaxation – Lie under the tall pine trees in a hammock, get comfortable on your redwood deck or relax in our beautiful spa with your eyes closed and the sound of the rushing river in your ears. Partake in our Rushing Waters Massage in our riverside Tipi.