Rustic cabins under the clear Colorado sky. Deer and elk roaming through nearby alpine meadows. Tall pine trees stretching to the horizon. Cool mountain streams bubbling with trout. The O-BAR-O Cabins, situated on the Florida River, has all of this and more. Located just outside Durango, we’re a stone’s throw from the national forest, two large lakes, and horse trail rides. Plus we have the best trout fishing you’ll find in these parts.
At the O-Bar-O you will enjoy:
- Rustic Cabins – log cabins set in the forest, resting along the banks of the Florida River.
- River Frontage – all of our cabins have views, or picture windows facing the river.
- River Fishing – many close by sites
- Picnic Tables & Barbecue Grills – every cabin has access to these outdoor amenities. Nothing tastes better than trout cooked outdoors on the grill!
- Stone Fireplaces – in all cabins! Cuddle up in front of a blazing fire for a romantic evening.
- Kitchenettes – fully equipped. Save time and money by cooking right in your cabin.
- Linens & Towels – furnished for you, and exchanged as needed.
- Recreation – we have a horseshoe pit, volleyball court & enough room to hit a few golf balls.
- Nature – nightly visits from raccoons, hummingbirds darting past your window, woodpeckers high up in the Ponderosa Pine, red hawks soaring overhead, deer grazing in the fields or drinking from the river and much more wildlife for you to enjoy.
- Relaxation – lie under the tall pine trees, get comfortable on your redwood deck or relax in our beautiful spa with your eyes closed & the sound of the rushing river in your ears. After all, that’s why you came here, isn’t it?